Friday, January 20, 2012

Finished Object Friday: A Castle for Two Princesses

The absolute highlight of making cakes - especially theme cakes - is the reaction! And this cake was a big hit with two little princesses, but especially Faithie! I did share a brief preview of this cake back when I made it, but I wanted to give a few more pictures... plus it's time for FOF! ;)


I found the perfect candles for this cake! I was looking for sparkler candles, but didn't find any in pastel colors, but was so excited to find these "magic wand" candles. ;)


 
I got the main idea for a castle cake from the book Creative Cakes Anyone Can Make. (A great book on cake decorating made easy!) Faithie actually looked through the book with me and when we came to the castle cake, we knew it was the one! ;)  I also got some inspiration from Pinterest, of course! I have pinned so many fun cake ideas!!


The two "birthday" girls with their big sister. (We celebrated her birthday last fall, if you remember... with her cake made to order!)


Of course the fun part was eating the castle "turrets!" :)

So what have you been crafting lately (or, like me, not so lately...) :) If you are wondering what Finished Object Friday is, this link is for you! :) Happy Linking!!


4 comments:

  1. What a pretty cake! I'll have to check out that book because my oldest daughter (and probably the younger two when they're older) would love a cake like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too cute to eat! Love the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! The cake turned out adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!