Saturday, April 6, 2013

Book Review: A Change of Fortune

What a fun novel! In "Change of Fortune," Lady Eliza Sumner has lost her fortune. In an effort to recover it and bring the perpetrator to justice, she has followed him to America and taken on the persona of a governess. Her attempts at investigation lead her to join up with a Mr. Hamilton Beckett. Together they seek out the truth and recover what has been lost as well as finding love.

This book was a fun read! I choose books to review with care. Normally I choose an author that I am familiar with. Change of Fortune is Jen Turano's first published novel. When I read the synopsis, I thought it looked like a fun read. I was right! Eliza ends up getting into all sorts of scrapes - most of them quite humorous. There is also enough action to keep you turning pages. It's not especially deep or heavy but an enjoyable book for light reading. I look forward to reading her second book!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you to Bethany House publishers for the review copy - my opinions are my own. :)

0 Friendly Greetings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!