
How to write a cook book review without drooling all over the keyboard!?! I enjoyed perusing through Simply Delicious: Amish Cooking by Sherry Gore. I'll share a little about the recipes and such in a minute, but first to describe the book itself. Before the book arrived, I thought it would be bigger - as in taller, but it is really a nice size to handle and look through. I love that it is spiral bound, because it lays flat when opened and you can even fold it back to just see one page. Many of the pictures are full color - great food photography. I do like a cookbook with lots of pictures. I would love to have a picture for every recipe, but with over 300 recipes that would be a very large book! I also loved that the author started the book of with an introduction to Amish and Mennonite culture - beliefs and such.
The recipes are great! In the introduction the author says, "...these recipes require only the most basic commonly available ingredients... These recipes, like the Amish themselves, are straightforward and plain, but never boring." This cookbook is like a collection of recipes from your favorite church ladies. And I love the many of the ingredients are, in fact, things you often have on hand. Such yummy comfort food! I'm excited about trying some of the recipes and spending a little more time going through the book to find my favorites!
Ok. Now I'm hungry!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to BookSneeze for this review copy. My opinions are my own.
0 Friendly Greetings:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!