Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day Off...

Ok, you're asking... How is it you get a day off? Well, was it truly a day off? I cooked, I cleaned, I picked up around the house... but I didn't babysit, which was fine after my busy weekend! :) I also decided to wait on laundry, we have enough "necessities" to last a little longer! :) So what do I have to post? So glad you asked!

This:

For the recipe, see this previous post.
and this:Yes, I finally started my sock! I have never knitted with yarn so tiny! I feel like I am knitting with kite string! and I'm not sure how it will turn out, but at least I will have made a sock! The other big obstacle I have overcome is the double-pointed needles (dpns). I'm not sure why, but they have scared me. I now feel like a truly fearless knitter! :) I came, I saw, and I made a sock! We'll see how fearless I feel when I get to the heel! hehehe

What a great day!!! I was so glad to be able to stay home! (I love staying home!) And it has been one of those wintery days that makes you want to curl up on the couch under your favorite blanket (see my fleece cherry one?) and knit! :)



And for supper tonight... SO Easy!!
Sloppy Joes:
Brown 1lb Ground Beef, drain, stir in a couple of tablespoons of flour, and one can of Campbells French Onion soup. Heat thoroughly and serve over bread!

4 comments:

  1. You are brave! I overcame my fear of dpn and small yarn a few months back and knitted a pair of socks for the first time. I love wearing them! They keep my feet warm!! :-)

    I love those kind of days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope these turn out to be "wearable!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great day. Too bad we can't spend days like that knitting together. I am sure your socks are going to turn out fine. You can do whatever you put your mind too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on down, Melissa! I'll even stir up another batch of scones! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!