My first sock is almost finished! Hurray for Silver's Sock Class and Knittinghelp.com! They were both most helpful! Silver helped me the most, but it was great to watch the video on the heel at knittinghelp.com, I felt like I knew where I was going before I got there! :) Now I am at the toe, which won't be hard because I already know how to do the grafting stitch. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures:
What it basically looks like now, I'm just a little farther along.
Concern was expressed that Mark wasn't eligible for the neckwarmer! :) Well, I won't leave him out in the "cold!" This is what I made for him this week:
I have made hats, but not with a decrease at the top, usually just a straight seam and tucked in at the edges. As usual, I didn't have a pattern, just winged it. It's pretty basic, with a knit2, purl2 ribbing for the "brim." But the best part is that he likes it and says it is very warm! :)


I have made hats, but not with a decrease at the top, usually just a straight seam and tucked in at the edges. As usual, I didn't have a pattern, just winged it. It's pretty basic, with a knit2, purl2 ribbing for the "brim." But the best part is that he likes it and says it is very warm! :)





Your sock looks amazing! Good job!
ReplyDeleteI learned to knit socks with Silver's class but haven't done anymore since. I plan to make a pair after I finish a baby gift.
I made a Knit 2, Purl 2 hat this week for my daughter. She says its very warm but that the Lopi is pretty scratchy.
I am familiar with God's Bible School. I've seen their students around town with GBS sweatshirts and I know about the Christmas program.
ReplyDeleteI thought you might say you attended Cincinnati Christian University. My husband did some grad work at CCU.
The sock looks great! I've only knitted one pair, but love them! I really should make more.
ReplyDelete;-)
I'm finding socks rather addicting. I am eager to try a different pattern, but there are so many other things that I need to make as well! So little time....
ReplyDelete