Monday, January 14, 2008

"Nipping"

Allow me to tell a little story....

There was once a little girl that came over sometimes to visit her "adopted aunt." While she and her mommy were there, Auntie would show her progress on some Christmas presents that she was making. A conversation at their home recently went something like this:

Mommy, I'm nipping!

You're what, Gracey?

I'm nipping! I need more toothpicks!

Nipping?

Yeah, nipping!

Mom thinks about this for a little bit...

Do you mean knitting?

Yeah, I'm nipping!

Her mommy was astounded and excited to tell Auntie the little story! Meanwhile, her Daddy helped her finish her purse and attach the straps. The following are pictures of Gracey's nipping project!
A detail of the seam work.

Here she is showing off her project!

3 comments:

  1. Charity! She is so sweet!! I agree that I get excited about "nipping" too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that. That is so neat that she wants to knit. All Payton wants to do is take the stitches of the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are teaching them well. When are you going to teach me?!?! Those girls are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!