I have been wanting to make little magnets for a while. I did make these a while ago, but I wanted to make others using this tutorial. (Great tute by the way!) They are fun to make! Here are the ones that I made for myself:
Didn't you know they would be Coke? :) The pictures are from a tear off calender that I had a few years ago. and, yes, I can tend to be a pack rat, but, Hey, it came in handy! :)
The other ones I made were for our friend Bill. He and his wife, April, are our "adopted" grandparents.
Bill turns 80 this week and his daughter planned a surprise party for him Saturday at a local restaurant. We had a fun time. Here is the link to pictures:
So, for the craft... Bill is a rock hound. He is the former president of the local Gem and Mineral Society. I wanted to give him something fun, and a little useful, too. Hence the magnets! :)
First the container... I covered a small tin, recycled. (Told you I'm a pack rat.) Here is the top:
And inside:

And put these in it:
In case you can't tell, those are pictures of Mark and I. They didn't have time to dry completely, and thus fell apart. :( Helpful hint, make them the day before! The Coke ones worked great. It's also hard to leave something alone while it dries. I always want to see how it's progressing. :)
But, Bill liked it, and that's what's important!
So, til later!
Blessings!

PS~ Happy Birthday, Bill!

Very Cool!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Chari!
ReplyDeleteYou are so crafty!! I would love to have you at my house for a few weeks!! Does Mark loan you out? :)
I finally got my blog up and going tonight. It is truitttimes.blogspot.com
Have a great week!
Those are soo neat! I think I'll try to make those magnets with my kids pictures for grandparents gifts. Thanks for all the fun ideas!
ReplyDeleteThat was me - don't know why I'm showing up anonymous now. :-) Kristi
ReplyDelete