This misconception became evident when Mark and I attended Bible College in the midwest, especially when we got to know Mark, a friend from Great Britain, whose dream of traveling to Texas was to go to El Paso. But there is so much more to Texas. Texas is BIG! :) Many regions have their own geographical identity.
THIS is East Texas!
Ok, so it looks a little like desert in front, but that's a work in progress... keep reading! :)
I know many of you have probably been to Texas, or heard me talk of it. Allow me to state once agian - it is beautiful here! :) I'm just a little proud. Anyway, the pictures are of a piece of property that my parents own way out in the boonies of East Texas. (Seriously!) It is absolutely beautiful up there. We were out on Monday, Dad had a road built and an area leveled out. Hopefully there will be a cabin up there someday. For now, maybe just a picnic or so. The view is outstanding!


It's beautiful! Thanks for the tour.
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking the tour! :)
ReplyDelete*SIGH* Thanks for the walk down memory lane. I grew up in West Texas, where it does look a lot like that first pic, LOL! I love it!
ReplyDeleteBTW, you are tagged for a meme! See my blog for details...
My husband had to go to TX fairly often for training at his old job. The kids and I tagged along on several of the trips.
ReplyDeleteAt a rest stop somewhere, we saw a sign that said "the sun has ris, the sun has set, we're still in TX yet?" Or something like that...
Anyway, we had just been discussing what a HUGE state TX is. There's nothing like actually seeing geography to understand it.