Today in 1776, the Declaration of Independence was read publicly for the first time. (It wouldn't hurt each of us to read over it every now and then. Click on the link for the text of the Declaration.) In a letter to George Washington enclosed with the Declaration, John Hancock wrote:
That our affairs may take a more favorable turn, the Congress have judged it necessary to dissolve the connection between Great Britain and the American colonies, and to declare them free and independent states; as you will perceive by the enclosed Declaration, which I am directed to transmit to you , and to request you will have it proclaimed at the head of the army in the way you shall think most proper.(From the book 1776, by David McCullough, page 135-6.)
So in the spirit of the season, I am posting my patriotic pictures! :) My parents, Mark and I, and Angie all went up together to spend the Fourth with Mark's family. We had a great time - ate lots of great food, played games, and watched fireworks. Here are the pictures. I hope you enjoy them!
My mother-in-law has quite a knack for decorating. She decorates for (almost) every season. She had some cute things set out for the Fourth, and she said that I could share them with you here.




0 Friendly Greetings:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!