First is Fireproof. It was released on dvd last week. It is the third of the movies produced by Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, GA. Each has improved in quality. The other two are Flywheel and Facing the Giants. Here is a trailer for Fireproof:
I know Fireproof has received a lot of news coverage in the Christian sector, but it deserves it! It is very clean, although the theme may not be appropriate for younger children. I love the fact that in the scene where the character played by Kirk Cameron is kissing his wife, Kirk is actually kissing HIS wife who is standing in for the actress that plays in the film. This film company is doing their best to bring honor to God in their films, and it shows! We need to show them our support.
The second film was very enjoyable and a sweet story. It is put out by Hallmark, a company that has put out several family friendly films, though I can't say I highly recommend all their productions. I greatly enjoyed this one, The Magic of Ordinary Days. This film was recommended by Michele at Whatsoever Things are Lovely. Here is a montage of clips put to music: (I couldn't find a trailer.)
The second film was very enjoyable and a sweet story. It is put out by Hallmark, a company that has put out several family friendly films, though I can't say I highly recommend all their productions. I greatly enjoyed this one, The Magic of Ordinary Days. This film was recommended by Michele at Whatsoever Things are Lovely. Here is a montage of clips put to music: (I couldn't find a trailer.)
I am looking forward to adding this dvd to my collection. Until then however, it can be viewed in 15 parts starting here. It is very clean and refreshing. I liked the more relaxed pace and beauty of the film. It begins in 1944 and includes some interesting histoy. Livy's dresses are beautiful (I wish I could find some like them!) :)
Has anyone else seen either of these? I would love to know what you thought about them! Maybe someone has some other suggestions for enjoyable clean films!
Blessings!
Charity
Has anyone else seen either of these? I would love to know what you thought about them! Maybe someone has some other suggestions for enjoyable clean films!
Blessings!
Charity
thank you for posting about these movies. I loved fireproof. We saw it in the movies twice and bought it on dvd as soon as it was available. We own facing the giants but we've never seen flywheel. I'm going to check that one out. I'm going to look for the hallmark movie too. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteOur library has just had an influx of Hallmark movies. "The Magic of Ordinary Days" was one of them.
ReplyDeleteI love period pieces if they are done authentically. I also love the slow pace that was the norm back in the "days of old". Very relaxing to watch...
It was a great movie!
Enjoyed your blog, too!
I just checked... and our public library has Magic of Ordinary Days! I don't get over there very often because we are "out of district." (We don't pay taxes for the library so we pay to check items out... we live outside city limits.) We do have a WONDERFUL church library that we visit every week at a local church.
ReplyDeleteI loved Fireproof!! Shuch a good movie- and mom loved it so much that it makes it eas to know what I am getting her for her birthday!
ReplyDeleteWe just saw Fireproof and *loved* it!
ReplyDelete