
A mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark never failing;
Our helper He, amid the flood of mortal ills prevailing:
For still our ancient foe doth seek to work us woe;
His craft and power are great, and, armed with cruel hate,
On earth is not his equal.
Did we in our own strength confide, our striving would be losing;
Were not the right Man on our side, the Man of God's own choosing:
Dost ask who that may be? Christ Jesus, it is He;
Lord Sabaoth, His Name, from age to age the same,
And He must win the battle.
from: A Mighty Fortress is our God
by Martin Luther
I have been reminded yet again this week that the battles we face are many times part of a greater spiritual battle. That many people are trapped by sin and don't even realize that they are in bondage. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12 Before he even warns us what we are up against, Paul wrote in verse 10, "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might." We can be strong, as Christians, because God is our Fortress, our Shield, and our Help.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Spring is on it's way! (I am not a big fan of winter, can you tell? ... Good thing I live in the South!) :)
Blessings!
Charity
PS~ Picture AND editing by Angie! Cool, huh? Used by permission. :)
I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Spring is on it's way! (I am not a big fan of winter, can you tell? ... Good thing I live in the South!) :)
Blessings!
Charity
PS~ Picture AND editing by Angie! Cool, huh? Used by permission. :)
Wonderful hymn! And a beautiful photo, too!
ReplyDelete