"When Laura and Mary had said their prayers and were tucked snugly under the trundle bed's covers, Pa was sitting in the firelight with the fiddle. Ma had blown out the lamp because she did not need its light. On the other side of the hearth she was swaying gently in her rocking chair and her knitting needles flashed in and out above the sock she was knitting."
Excerpt from Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder page 236.
Need I even mention that I love the knitting references? :) Ma is even knitting in near darkness... she has had lots of practice! The bed and trundle pictured above is not Laura's, though it is certainly similar. This bed is in the home of Anson Jones in Washington, TX. (Anson Jones was the last president of the Republic of Texas.)
Excerpt from Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder page 236.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need I even mention that I love the knitting references? :) Ma is even knitting in near darkness... she has had lots of practice! The bed and trundle pictured above is not Laura's, though it is certainly similar. This bed is in the home of Anson Jones in Washington, TX. (Anson Jones was the last president of the Republic of Texas.)
I love the Little House on the Prairie TV series! It is hard to come by cheaply even on Ebay. I love the picture. I haven't read any of the Laura Ingalls books since I was a kid. Might consider it though.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy the TV series as well. The series is a little different story than the books, but both are enjoyable. I think Melissa Gilbert plays a wonderful Laura. :)
ReplyDelete