Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
Calling for you and for me;
See, on the portals He’s waiting and watching,
Watching for you and for me.
O for the wonderful love He has promised,
Promised for you and for me!
Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon,
Pardon for you and for me.
Refrain:
Come home, come home,
You who are weary, come home;
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
Calling, O sinner, come home!
From: Softly and Tenderly
by Will L. Thompson
This hymn is such a wonderful reminder of God's love for all men. He is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." ( II Peter 3:9 ) One frequent question asked of Christians is how a loving God could send people to Hell. The answer is that God is doing everything in His power to save people from eternal punishment. He will not take away man's free will, and it breaks God's heart when just one refuses to seek forgiveness. What a merciful God we serve!
I hope each of you have a good week. I am looking forward to spending more time with my grandmother, as she heads back to Idaho soon. We have certainly enjoyed having her with us for a while. We are going to enjoy some of her homemade chicken and noodles for Sunday dinner. YUM! :)
Blessings!
Charity
PS~ I took the picture last Saturday. We had a picnic at my parent's property. Butterflies were everywhere! It was such a beautiful day.
I hope each of you have a good week. I am looking forward to spending more time with my grandmother, as she heads back to Idaho soon. We have certainly enjoyed having her with us for a while. We are going to enjoy some of her homemade chicken and noodles for Sunday dinner. YUM! :)
Blessings!
Charity
PS~ I took the picture last Saturday. We had a picnic at my parent's property. Butterflies were everywhere! It was such a beautiful day.
I so enjoy your "Sunday Blessings!" Have fun with your grandmother--I sure wish I could see mine!
ReplyDelete