This has been a rather busy gardening morning! I've been wanting to start a compost bin for quite a while. I like the idea of trash can composting. So Saturday Mark brought me home a bin. Yesterday, he got the holes drilled and I started my compost today. :)
I've been keeping my kitchen compost scraps in a container in the freezer - a tip I read in a magazine... it helps keep the bugs out of my kitchen. :)
In other gardening/fertilizing news, my nice trash men dropped some great fertilizer by my mail box - little fish - about 20 or 30 of them. Rather nasty! But they were pretty much baked on the hot road and I just scraped them off and buried them in my flower bed, Squanto style. If my little rose bush starts growing by leaps and bounds, we'll know why! :)
Speaking of the rose bush, I found what has been eating my blooms - a cute little inch worm. It made me think of the song - although this inch worm didn't get very far. :) (You can listen at right.) It's a great gardening song, anyway.
Thanks for coming along on all my gardening adventures! I hope you all are having a great Wednesday!
Thanks for the composting link. It sounds so simple, I think I'd like to do it too.
ReplyDeleteThe compost can is a great idea. I love the inch worm song, I used to listen to Anne Murray sing it when I was little.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited about composting... in case you didn't notice. :) Y'all let me know if you decide to try it! :)
ReplyDeleteMelissa - I listened the the Anne Murray version as well, but they didn't have her on Playlist. I thought this one was cute too. :)