Monday, October 19, 2009

But the windows ARE clean!

Today was a beautiful day. So beautiful in fact, that I had the urge to do some special cleaning. I washed my dining room windows. (Yes, just the windows in ONE room...just keep reading...) The fact is, our windows aren't simple, you know, wash the inside then the outside. Oh, no. They are double, and not those easy fold out ones. These are the ones with three frames to take out before you can clean the outside of the inside frames. (got that??) :)

The windows ARE clean, though!

They are clean here:


and here:

(Screen outside)

and here:

(The back frame should be at the very top - won't go because the outside frame is warped - how? Great question! I don't know either.)

Eventually maybe all my windows will be back in their proper places. And I am reminded why, yet again, I have vowed not to wash any more windows and to hire a pro. The house should have come with a warning label: "Warning! Windows to be washed only by professionals! Your personal sanity is at stake!" :)

Happy Window washing!! (And hope you week is off to a great start!) :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a.l.o.t of work just for clean windows, but so worth the shine, huh?
    Wishing you sunny days without rain! Seems like after I wash my windows it rains the next day and then I get to look through waterspots, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was truly a labor of love - love for bright sunshine to come through! :) You are not pregnant are you? That almost seems like something a prego woman would do during the nesting stage! I once moved a queen size sleeper sofa from upstairs to the basement family room by myself while pregnant with my son! I thought Bob would kill me when he got home. I am 5'1" and weighed 125 lbs 7 months pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea - Yes, I'm enjoying the pretty sunshine! It isn't raining today, but now I am seeing some streaks! oh. well. :)

    June - Not sure you want me to do your windows... I may end up leaving them all around the house and also see above mentioned streaks! :)

    Tammy - I can only wish (and hope and pray). But no chance, sorry. :) I don't think I'd even try moving that sofa and I'm bigger than you were! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, girl! I wish I had the motivation to clean windows... but ours happen to be painted shut from the previous owners. Argh. It's not worth the frustration at this point, but I do love to see the sun shine through sparkly clean windows!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!