Friday, October 2, 2009

Finished Object Friday

I made this bag:
for this precious little freckled girl who turned five last week!

The bag is a little big for a five year old, but it is perfect for her violin music to take to lessons, and she will be able to grow into it. :)
(Due to a variety of circumstances, I haven't given it to her yet...but she doesn't read my blog, so I think we are safe!) :)

Here's the rest of her gift:

Yes, I am going to try to help train the next generation of knitters! :) She has been interested in knitting for a while. (Did you see her first project?) The other day I asked her if she still wanted to learn to knit and she said, "Yeah!" Later she asked Angie, "Is knitting fun?" :) Well, I hope her Aunt Chari can make it fun! (The recommended age for the needles is 8, but this child is very dexterous with great fine motor skills... we'll see how it goes!)

So it's time for another Finished Object Friday. Our first one for October - anyone else shocked that it is October already?? Christmas is just around the corner! I can't wait to see what all you crafty people have been up to! If you're new to FOF, find out more here.
**Don't forget to sign up for the giveaway, if you haven't already! It officially ends Monday night! :)**
I am trying a new link system! I think it will be easier for me to manage - it seems much more user friendly. I've been meaning to make the switch for a while, and am finally doing it! Let me know what you think.



  1. Tract Holders
  2. Kid Prints Go Beachy Chic!
  3. Vintage Hoop Tote
    This linky list is now closed.



4 comments:

  1. Great job Charity, and what a lucky little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Hope she continues to show interest in knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! What a great Auntie you are :) I'd love to see her first little project! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is awesome you're going to teach her! In my opinion it's much easier to learn how to crochet/knit hands-on.
    My little girl would love that bag - her favorite colors right now are purple and green :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!