Thursday, April 29, 2010

Garden Mystery



Once again, I am enjoying having a garden. Although I haven't enjoyed much produce from it yet, other than a few random strawberries. :) My new sprinkler (above) has really come in handy! And it's pretty too!

My broccoli is thriving... wonder when it starts producing the edible part? Maybe I should do more research...


I think the lettuce is so pretty - almost like a flower! I picked a few leaves today to enjoy at lunch.


My tomato plants are very happy - and putting out blooms already!

But here is the mystery... I bought a nice sturdy cage to train this years cucumbers on. Then I planted lots of seeds (to weed out the weaker plants once they sprouted. As you can see below, I only have a couple of cucumber sprouts by the cage...


The seeds (at least I think they are cucumber - they sure smell like cucumber!) have sprouted instead, all throughout my garden - like way on the opposite side!!! hmmmm....


There is the mystery - how did they get there??? :) Oh, well. I have a few more seeds started and we'll see what happens! Happy gardening!!

3 comments:

  1. Very strange indeed, I guess they did not want to "bloom where they were planted." This months (May) Better Homes and Gardens showed a picture using lettuce leaves as part of a flower arrangement. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they were 'transplanted' by some birdies who thought they would make a good snack !?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the ants moved them? :-)

    I'm chomping at the bit to get my garden planted! Just a few more weeks till the last frost date!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!