Friday, June 25, 2010

Finished Object Friday

Last week I got picked to be in charge of the Father's Day "program" at our church. I wanted to do a fun twist on the little gifts, and I remembered something I had seen a while back. I used this tutorial to make these:

This one was one of my favorites, and it's the one my dad got. :)

Of course it wasn't just a card. Stapled to the back was a gift card for the ice cream store and a little leveling tool. (I forgot to take a picture of the back.) I just stapled them to the card before I glued the "tie" on. The best part was I used things I already had from my old scrapbooking supplies.

The dads all thought they were pretty cool. Can you tell by the grins? :)

I've also been working on some things for our VBS - in a little over a week. AHHH!! We are doing a cowboy theme. Here's my longhorn! :)
and my tall corn:
I am no artist, so I thought these turned out pretty good in spite of my lack of talent. : ) I enlarged them at church using the overhead projector, then finished them with chalk. I still need to cut them out (that will take care of the "fuzzy" horns) and get them laminated.

So what have you been crafting recently? I can't wait to see your projects! If you are new to FOF, read this post to find out what it is all about! Happy Friday, everyone!!






This linky list is now closed.



4 comments:

  1. So funny - I got DQ cards for our dads, too :) Only I didn't make such adorable cards for them! Those are too cute! And your VBS artwork is great, I can already hear them singing...it was the Lord that put the tassels on the tall corn... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, except my mom informed me that this city girl didn't put tassels on her corn. oops... guess I'll need to revamp my corn now. ...off to see your sign.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are so cute! You did a great job on the art as well!!

    Would you please send me an email at ranchhousehaven@hotmail.com? I am a long time reader and commenter of your blog and have chosen to open a new blog under a different name and would like to let you know who I really am when you see my comments here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!