I love making these ornaments! These pictured (not the solid red - the others...) are actually from three years ago, I think. (Wow! Really? THREE years... I guess they lasted longer than I thought they would - the trick is storing them in the house, vs. in our hot shed.)
Here's how:
You buy the plain ornaments , these are iridescent, and drip paint along the edge inside, then tap it against your hand. "Divide" the ornament into thirds with your main color and then add the contrast. Continue tapping until the paint coats the inside of the ornament, then turn upside down in a disposable container for at least 24 hours for the paint to drain and dry. (borrowed from my earlier post..)
You could do them in all sorts of colors - I love adding a bit of silver or gold paint for extra sparkle! It's been so crazy around here, I haven't had time for much crafting... and what I have been doing can't really be posted, at least not until after Christmas!! :)
but maybe you have something to share?
I was hoping you would do this today! I've been working very hard on my vest to have it done so I could show it off today!
ReplyDeleteNow that I'm done with it, I can start working on Christmas presents. *Sigh*