Happy Friday!! This week has been rather busy for me, in case you hadn't noticed! :) But I'm ready to get back into a little more blogging! :)
It has been a little while since I did a post on my little garden. It is growing by leaps and bounds! Love it!! I am so ready to have some fresh tomatoes and cucumbers...
The cucumbers are doing great, by the way... see them in the left corner of my little plot? I did end up planting a few more seeds in the ground. I think they actually do better that way rather then starting them indoors.
Here is my little garden "annex" at the front of our house:
That is peppermint taking over, with basil and a little bit of dill. :) Yum! :)
Last Friday was our favorite sale!! I got a few things, some I will be sharing later.. :) Here are a few of my favorites.
Dishcloths!! They are much easier to buy for 25 cents than to knit myself. It's a shame that people don't recognize what they are - most of them were marked "potholders." (I wouldn't want to handle a hot pan with one!) They washed up rather well!
I also got a few assorted glass containers. My favorite is that ice bucket. (Which incidentally did not come with a lid, but Mom and I found one in a different spot - I think it matches rather well!)
After a bit of scrubbing, it is serving it's purpose wonderfully...
It almost makes doing laundry fun! :)
And it is the perfect container for my homemade laundry soap! :) (which I am still enjoying, by the way. I will certainly be making it again!)
Garden's looking good - I'll be jealous when you're enjoying those fresh cucumbers! Wow - good deal on those dishcloths!! And I'm excited - I finally found all the stuff to make the laundry soap, now I just need to find a pretty glass container for it =) Sounds like a great excuse to go to the Thrift Store!
ReplyDeleteNice post...enjoyed it...love your finds...glad you are happy with the handmade laundry soap....I love making it and using it....it was good to see you ;)
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Brittany - YAY! So glad you found the ingredients! :) The glass container is the really fun part! :)
ReplyDeleteShelley - So nice to see you too! And yes, I love the soap! ;)