Friday, August 19, 2011

Finished Object Friday: A "Prayer Sandwich"

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to teach our Kid's Club kids about the Lord's Prayer. We have been focusing on prayer in Sunday School and teaching them more how to pray.


I got the idea for a prayer sandwich from this children's lesson, and I went from there. I thought why use a piece of bread and index cards when I could make the whole thing interactive. After thinking a bit about what I could use to make a sandwich, I settled on felt. Each "layer" stands for a different part of the prayer. Here's a summary of the lesson:

(Praise) Our Father, which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
(Yield) Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth,
As it is in heaven.
(Trust)Give us this day our daily bread.
(Forgive)And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
(Goodness)And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
(Praise)For thine is the kingdom,
The power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen.

They loved this lesson! They were so excited that they got to each make their own "Prayer Sandwich." 


So, how about you? I can't wait to see what you have been crafting! If you are new to FOF, check out the "welcome" post here. 


 

5 comments:

  1. That was a wonderful idea and I am sure very fun for the children...Just wanted to thank you for stopping by with the sweet birthday wish...Blessings on your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That activity looks like fun! I bet my children would enjoy it as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat idea! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!