Art flourishes where there is a sense of adventure.
~Alfred North Whitehead~
Adventure means different things to many people... One adventure for me is learning something new. (which is one reason I took up knitting... then spinning... and on the adventure goes!)
I am discovering some of the neat things that
my my grandmother's sewing machine will do. Recently I've been trying out the ruffler - learning what works and what doesn't. It's fun to look through the old boxes of tools and read the vintage manual. Maybe you'll see some of the projects here soon. (and no that scrap of fabric isn't a hint - it's just my test scrap.) :)
Wouldn't you know the vintage models had rufflers, and my new one does not. Hmmph. I'm still making ruffles the old fashioned way...
ReplyDeleteThere are all sorts of attachments for this machine. In fact, mom just sent a couple of (original! vintage!) boxes home with me. I should post some pictures. Can I say how much I love this machine? :) If I only knew how to do half of what it is capable of!
ReplyDelete