Friday, October 28, 2011

Learning - More steps

Last week was a super busy week for us adoption wise!! It is such an exciting time, but overwhelming at the same time. After getting our paperwork filed with the agency, things really started speeding up - the main reason being to be ready for a two day seminar in Dallas last Thursday and Friday!

Tuesday we had our first visit with our case worker. She came here to our house, so we got a few of the "homestudy" jitters out of the way! :) (And the house wasn't perfect... but I was so glad to have my flowers planted and my front porch all prettied up!) The visit went very well! Our case worker is very nice and we felt really comfortable with her. (Which is great because she basically knows everything about us!) :)

Wednesday evening we headed to Dallas to be closer to the agency and our meeting Thursday morning. We stayed with some sweet friends, James and Beka, who are also in the process of adopting!! I've told Beka it's like experiencing "pregnancies" together! :) Then it was up on Thursday for a YUMMY breakfast and head to the agency for our seminar.


The seminar went very well. There was so much information! I woke up Friday morning thinking "Can I absorb another day of this?" :)  We made it though! There was only one other couple there for this meeting (there was another seminar earlier this year.) We had fun getting to know them a bit and look forward to seeing what little one God has in store for them as well! :) 

Friday, while we were in the meeting, my mom was doing a bit of shopping for me! I was bummed to have to miss our favorite sale, but it was for a good cause!! :)  So I told Mom to pick up anything for baby safety! We now have plenty of outlet covers (and the grand total for those was around 50 cents!), furniture anchors, and cabinet locks, as well as a few other things that were too fun to pass up! (And a few things for around the house.) Mom makes a great personal shopper! :)


November is National Adoption Month. I am going to be writing a series on adoption. There are so many kinds of adoption, but I will be focusing on what adoption will look like for our family. (At least this first time...) :) I am looking forward to sharing some of what we have learned and to helping others understand our heart for adoption!

3 comments:

  1. Charity, it's really exciting to see your journey here. I'm glad for the update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy you are sharing your journey with us....may God be with you both through every step...your mama found you some good things. Maybe you will get to go to the next sale in November....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you and that little one! You are lucky--no morning sickness! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!