Friday, October 14, 2011

Finished Object Friday - Ruffled Edition.

So you probably figured they were coming, right? Especially after my last post! Ruffles!!

A while back I fell in love with this scarf from Dear Lillie:


However, I just used what I had on hand (a t-shirt I hardly ever wore...), so I didn't have a whole lot of material to work with (and another shirt would have been a slightly different color, unfortunately. So I improvised! I backed it with a fun black and white print that I had picked up in the remnants bin at Hobby Lobby. :)

About the ruffler. Yes, it really is handy and so fun to see straight fabric turning into ruffles. But... it only works for wider strips of fabric. The smaller ones were almost too narrow to feed into the mechanism. It took a little faniggling, but I did get it to work. (Side note: Isn't faniggling a word? I sure don't know how it's supposed to be spelled, but I use it a lot!)  :)

Anyway... I hope to take a couple more "styled up" pictures tomorrow. I'll update this post if I get them done... :) Until then, happy Friday and happy sharing!!



6 comments:

  1. This is my second try at a comment, so if I've double commented...that's why. LOL

    I love the scarf! It looks so fun to wear.

    I looked up the word in question and the spelling is: finagling. However, if you hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have known otherwise. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Charity...I like it.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! And it looks like it will go with just about anything which is always nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ruffles! Hope you have lots more fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had my eye on that Dear Lillie scarf myself ~ maybe I should my hand at one. Yours is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Charity! I found your blog through Kelli's and I am so glad that I did. So sweet! Love all the ruffles. I am a terrible seamstress, I'm afraid but I admire those that do sew.

    You are welcome to enter my cottage giveaway.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!