Monday, November 21, 2011

Book Review - 50 Things Every Young Lady Should Know

I am probably an odd one, I know. I enjoy reading etiquette books. (I once read through an entire volume of Miss Manners. You'd think I'd have learned it all...)  ;)  I feel that etiquette has become a lost art and I enjoy finding books for young people that help them learn how to respond in situations. 50 Things Every young Lady Should Know is an attractive book - I loved the cover from the start, and the size as well. It's a narrow hardback. One of the things that was a downside for me as a reader was the short chapters, however I don't know that this is necessarily a negative for the target audience. It made for an easy pick-up book - grab it and read a couple of pages. Some of the more helpful things (not included in my Miss Manners book) were cellphone and social network etiquette. Very needful in today's society and not something mentioned, for obvious reasons, in older manners books.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to Thomas Nelson's Book Sneeze program for giving me this copy to review. My opinions are my own.

0 Friendly Greetings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!