Friday, November 4, 2011

Book Review - The Christmas Singing

Yes, another book review!! I do enjoy reading books and giving my honest opinion... and yes, I usually have a favorable opinion. The reason is that I usually don't pick a book to review unless I am pretty sure I am going to want to keep it around. And although I am pretty selective, I ended up with four books in queue to read at one time! Whew. I'm halfway through the reviews now! :) (well, after I finish writing this post!)

Sometimes I just get in the mood for some "fluff." You know, those sweet books where nothing very horrible happens and everything turns out right in the end.... I've been ready for some "Bonnet Genre Fluff" for a little while, and this sweet story fit the bill! In The Christmas Singing, by Cindy Woodsmall, Mattie is a cake decorator. After her shop tragically burns down in Ohio, she returns to her family home in Pennsylvania and back into the path of her first love. Will they be reunited? (I won't tell...)

Such a pretty festive cover! I love reading Christmassy books during the holidays. In fact, it is basically what I DO read at Christmas time. This is another fun holiday novel. It was a very quick read (another plus for the holiday season.) And I enjoy reading about the simple life of the Amish - especially when my own life feels quite hectic at times. I give this book a big thumbs up!


~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to Blogging for Books for my copy to review! (My opinions are my own.) You can rank my review here:

1 comment:

  1. I will want to be reading this one....I love reading Amish stories,they are some of my favorites. Thanks for sharing...blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!