Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Heart Full of Thanks

Each holiday is so full of expectation for me - especially at this time of the year. I hope for a picture-perfect holiday. But sometimes the picture doesn't look exactly like we had imagined it. I know we're not the only ones whose holiday isn't quite what they thought it would be. But that doesn't mean we don't celebrate, because we have so much to be thankful for!

Early this year I read the book 1,000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp. Her challenge to herself was to chronicle 1,000 things that she is thankful for. She kept a notebook nearby to write things down as she thought of them. I have been keeping my own list - though it is still quite short (I'm up to 83!) But I wanted to share some of the things I have been thankful for through this year.

1. God's Salvation plan for me
2. The mockingbird song in the night
11. A little girl excited to be knitting

18. Restful sleep
19. Yellow chair
 

20. Quiet mornings with God
29. Friday Shopping
31. My Piano!
48. Air Conditioning
68. The joy of spending time with family
69. Cornhole!



75. A hard working husband!

I'm also thankful for all of you!! Thank you for your support to us in the past year! Thank you for taking time to read my little blog and for coming on our adoption journey with us! Many blessings!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Love you!!! Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving...even if it is a little different this year! So thankful we got to have a Thanksgiving Breakfast together before you had to leave!!! So thankful for both of you!!!
    Love,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!