Monday, June 2, 2008

Around the house...

Today was a beautiful sunny day and I spent most of it at home! :) I enjoy having those days in which I don't have to go anywhere. As I was watering my rose bush, I came across this:


Isn't that such an intricate web? I guess it's a regular garden spider, but I've never seen a web like this one. I don't mind spiders in general, as long as they are not too large and NOT in my house! :) (and not poisonous)

As for the bush, no blooms yet this year. I don't think it really likes its location. However, it has sent up a couple of new sprouts from the base. Maybe I should relocate it. Probably in a temporary pot until it is happy again. The clay that it is in is very hard - probably discourages blossoming.

Anyway... the tour moves on! :) My family gave us this pot of periwinkles for our anniversary. I just love getting plants! I hope they stay as happy and perky as they are right now!


Speaking of happy flowers, these guys make me happy! :) My favorite colors!

I have four of these lantana plants, I can't wait until they are taller than the monkey grass and you can actually see them from the road! :)

And lastly, my front porch. There are more flowers than you can see easily, they are small. I have several pink trailing verbena plants as well, again, hidden by the monkey grass.


I hope you enjoyed my little tour and the initial picture didn't scare you too badly! :) I hope every one is having a wonderful week and first few days of June! This year is just flying by! I can't believe it is almost halfway over. Stay tuned for a fun tutorial later this week. :)

Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing your yard. When I get mine "cleaned" up I will post some pictures too. Do you think the spider is Charlotte?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful porch and yard. I love seeing what you've planted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. checking in....love your flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comments!

    Hehehe... if that IS Charlotte, then she is writing a book! :) I wonder what it would be titled? "My Life on the Web?" ok, corny... but kinda cute, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a spider web like that either...it's amazing! I think that your front porch is lovely as well as your flowers! Happy gardening!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charity!
    I loved seeing your lovely front yard and the pretty flowers! That spider web sure is different!

    I like your new blog look also! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!