Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Girly Antics!

It has been a while since I posted anything about the girls. They are growing fast and getting smarter every day! :) They are so enjoyable to be around... they are being raised well! So here are a few of their recent antics! (Warning - LOTS of pictures to come!) :)

First, Gracey!

Several weeks ago, she sat by me in church (well, she actually sits with us quite often, but on with the story...) Sometimes she decides that she wants to write, and I let her use some of my paper and pens (I keep several colors in my Bible case.) She likes to use the different colors. This time, she wrote almost the entire sermon, asking me questions about what I was doing and imitating me. She filled and entire sheet, I think just the front, but with tiny scribbles. Angie covertly took pictures and they were a little fuzzy - we didn't want to use the flash in the middle of preaching, and with a three year old, you can't really recreate the moment! :)


About three weeks ago, she sat with us both services (by us, I mean Mark, Angie and I - when Mark isn't in the sound booth) That morning our paster (her Grandpa) was preaching about worship and was talking about people falling on their face in worship in the Old Testament. Gracey looked up at me and said softly, "That would hurt." So matter of factly, I got tickled! Then that evening our pastor asked if anyone else wanted to testify, and Gracey piped up, rather loudly, "Not me!" Several people heard her that time... she is such a case!

Now on to Faithie...
She isn't talking a whole lot yet - in English anyway! But she definitely gets her point across and she is very intelligent and coordinated and strong willed! Regina has her hands full with those two! Anyway, I kept just Faithie a couple of weeks ago so Regina could run some errands (Regina's mom had Gracey for a couple of days.) I had a lot of fun, and so did she! Here she is modeling my shoes:



She still has lots of crazy expressions!
She is also just learning to color. Angie had given me these markers for the girls to use. (Can you believe they are still working this long - she got them at least ten years ago!) Anyway, they are just right for Faithie's little hands to grab onto. I worked with her the day of above pictures, and taught her how to use them - open them, put the lids back on, and don't put them in the mouth please, write on the paper! I babysat both girls for a little while on Monday and they both enjoyed a little craft time.

Here is Faithie putting the lid back, very good coordination for a little girl - almost 18 months.


Well, I've gotta run! I hope you enjoyed these little stories and that everyone is having a wonderful week!

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Your girls are so sweet! It sounds like you are having lots of fun together!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rusty - Yes, they are a blast! Thanks for all your help with Mom (and Angie) in the past week.

    Kelli - They are sweet! I have so much fun when I get to babysit them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!