Many children have grown up with the adventures of Peter and friends. He has become a household name since his popularity with the first published book in 1901. Gracie, my "adopted niece," really enjoyed Peter for a while, and still does. I think she was always a little afraid of "Mr. Gregor." :) I have collected a few various items relating to Peter and Beatrix Potter.
The dress and the book at the far left were mine as a little girl.
I love this set of books. They are just the right size! They are also very similar in size and setup to those that were originally published by F. Warne & Co. in the early 1900's.
I found these two Peter's at a garage sale and couldn't resist them! :)
I love the movie Miss Potter. I don't own it (yet) but I did find this book at a discount book store. It has a lot of interesting facts about Beatrix's life as well as about the movie.
Renee Zellweger as Beatrix Potter
(Image Source)
Speaking of the movie, I highly recommend it! I have enjoyed it multiple times. It is very beautifully filmed and is mostly accurate. I think it is very true to the person of Beatrix Potter and how her personality might have been.
For more Show and Tell visit Kelli's Blog.
Thanks for dropping by! Feel free to look around while you are here.
Blessings!

Thanks for dropping by! Feel free to look around while you are here.
Blessings!

You know I have never seen that movie. I will have to rent it. Your collection of books is really great. I love the old classics.
ReplyDeleteI am currently enjoying a series of fictional mystery books featuring Beatrix Potter by Susan Wittig Albert. They're nothing deep, but they're a fun read so far!
ReplyDeleteI also love the book At Home with Beatrix Potter.
I'm a fan of the movie, too!
I am a fan of BP. We used to have one of those Rabbits. I am not sure what happened to it. Though DD's nursery (now guest room) is decorated in BP, she never took to it. I still have the murals on the walls and everything. It is a lovely room.
ReplyDeleteYou have many treasures! What fun to look at your show and share!
I love Beatrix Potter too. You've got a great collection...
ReplyDeleteKathy (mimisgarden.blogspot.com)
I love Beatrix Potter. Peter Rabbit is my favorite story. The movie was so good.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice collection. I like that you have the little dress and book from your childhood.
ReplyDeleteI want to see that movie too-I keep forgetting to rent it. : )
Oh Charity, you've put the biggest smile on my face this morning...I love Ms Potter :). I grew up reading her books and I too loved the movie and have it on my "to buy" list, we should not drag our feet as it could be difficult to find one day :). Thank you for sharing today!
ReplyDeleteHave a Fantastic Friday!
Kathi :)
I loved the movie. I saw it last year on a flight coming back from CeeKay's house.
ReplyDeleteYou have a good collection going.
I love all things Peter Rabbit! This year I have called my herb garden the Peter Rabbit garden and have the cutest little bunny and blue jacket with brass buttons hanging as the scarecrow!
ReplyDeleteLove Miss Potter! Have watched it over and over.
Blessings
Linda
Love this whole entry!!! I love books...any kind of book...so naturally, this one of yours is tops!!!
ReplyDeleteMy show n tell isn't what I had planned to do this week, the hurricane Dolly prevented me to have much online time this week since the time I did have was updating on the storm coming through our area. Next week, I hope to have my 'tears' show n tell. This week, I opted with photos I had on the computer already - bric a brac in our master bath. Come by if you can. I'd love a visit from you...and, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.
I so enjoyed Beatrix Potter's books when my children were small. As you said, they were just the right size for small hands. Such sweet stories (though not without their dangers and warnings) and such detailed, beautiful artwork. My nursery wasn't decorated with her products but I have seen some that were, and it was just perfect. I loved that film, too. I don't own it yet either but want to. That book about the film and her life looks interesting.
ReplyDeleteSomehow I missed BP stories when I was growing up - but I have enjoyed watching the movie. But no matter which genre you're from, childhood keepsakes are so special...thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI love Beatrix Potter and what beautiful treasures you have :)
ReplyDeleteI am such a fan of Beatrix Potter, Peter Rabbit and all his little friends! Your collection is wonderful! Isn't that a lovely movie? The girls and I watched it last weekend. :)
ReplyDelete~Kelli
The Beatrix Potter mystery books mentioned by Mrs. Mordecai are great fun. There is a website about them if you are interested - www.cottagetales.com. A new title is currently being written, due for publication this fall I believe...
ReplyDeleteChristy in Texas
OOOHHH, what a wonderful collection you have:) I have yet to see the movie--but thank you for the reminder to rent it!!
ReplyDeleteJulieann