And newlyweds, just married!
picture just a little fuzzy...sorry.
I have had so much fun making aprons.... I wanted to make one as a gift for her. (Not the first wedding gift I made.) Angie found a cute little apron at one of our favorite discount stores (Ross), and I used it as a pattern to make this for Roxy:

Here's me modeling it before leaving for the wedding:

Here's me modeling it before leaving for the wedding:
I'm so "high tech" with my sewing... ok, not really. Quite the opposite. To make the apron, I laid the pattern apron on top of my material and lining, added the pocket, sewed all around right sides together and left a hole for turning. After turning it rightside out, I carefully ironed, sewed around the outside, and then added the band and straps. Sounds easy right? I had to re-do the band... thus this post last week. So sortof trial and error, but I think it turned out pretty good! :) I would have used big bias tape, had I found some to match! Anyway, I love the scallops at the bottom. Beware, you will probably see more of these in the future! :)
We've had a couple of weeks since FOF, I think I am enjoying the every other week thing. It relieves a little stress, and I don't feel like I'm constantly bragging about my projects! :) I know I have more time than most to craft, and as life is constantly changing, I also know it won't be this way always. I'll enjoy it while I can! :)
So have you finished anything recently... or perhaps not so recent. I'm not that picky as long as your post if from the past couple of weeks. Be sure to link directly to your FOF post. Other guidelines for FOF are here. I'm ready for another fun FOF, aren't you? :)
We've had a couple of weeks since FOF, I think I am enjoying the every other week thing. It relieves a little stress, and I don't feel like I'm constantly bragging about my projects! :) I know I have more time than most to craft, and as life is constantly changing, I also know it won't be this way always. I'll enjoy it while I can! :)
So have you finished anything recently... or perhaps not so recent. I'm not that picky as long as your post if from the past couple of weeks. Be sure to link directly to your FOF post. Other guidelines for FOF are here. I'm ready for another fun FOF, aren't you? :)
What a cute apron! I love how you use "patterns"! That's how I "sew" too. A professional would have a fit if they watched me :) I just give it a whirl and then rip out what I don't like. I love the scalloped bottom - so cute! Ya know, you really could make one for a giveaway... ;)
ReplyDeletevery nice apron!
ReplyDeleteThat is a VERY nice apron! I love the scallops! I need to start making some aprons as mine are starting to wear out. Years of use and abuse in the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful wedding and I love the apron you made for her!
ReplyDelete~Kelli