The first three are knitting books: Learn to Knit, Women's Sweaters, and Classics from 8 to 16 (children's knits.) They are put out by the same company that makes Red Heart Yarn.
This book starts with the basics:
How's this for a hat? Gotta love the pom poms! :)
And the Snow Maiden for a little girl:
The book at the bottom of the stack was a catalog for supplies:
I sure wish I could find yarn this cheap!!
I thought these embroidery projects were funny. :)
(Hot Toast Makes The *butter fly*)
I hope you enjoyed my Show and Tell. I sure was glad my Grandmother brought them to me! I have enjoyed looking at these books. I love vintage things anyway. :)
We had a very special time with her while she was down here! This picture was taken at a lookout a little ways from here.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday! Thanks for dropping by! If it's your first time, welcome, and come back soon. :) For more Show and Tell visit Kelli's blog.
Blessings!
Charity
We had a very special time with her while she was down here! This picture was taken at a lookout a little ways from here.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday! Thanks for dropping by! If it's your first time, welcome, and come back soon. :) For more Show and Tell visit Kelli's blog.
Blessings!
Charity
How sweet of your grandmother to pass her books along to you! They must be collectors items now!
ReplyDeleteI posted S&T twice because I made a mistake on the first one and posted the tablescape url.
Katherine
Too sweet!!!! What treasures.
ReplyDeleteMy Show n Tell is about some Sailors I've brought home with me. Happy weekend wishes to you.
you should frame some of them!
ReplyDeleteLove those transfers!! (too funny)
ReplyDeleteWhat cool booklets, how wonderful of your grandmother to think of and share with you. I, too, love these vintage prints:)
(By the way, you look like her-what a lovely lady:)
Those books are so fantastic! I definitely agree that you should frame some of those pages; too good to hide away!
ReplyDeleteLove the knitting books. And for sharing your pic. I love cute grannies! Have a fantastic weekends!
ReplyDeletePriceless treasure you have.. thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend.
Hugs,
Debbie
What a wonderful gift to get from your grandmother. I love the picture!!! Have a wonderful Friday..julie
ReplyDeleteWhat great books. I LOVE vintage crating books. I just found some great vintage sewing books at a garage sale. They had better info in them for constructing garments then you can find now.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a great treat! I love old stuff especially books, newspapers and magazines. Those are really neat. I love to look at old ads and prices.
ReplyDeleteWhat really neat books! I am sure you will find lots of fun projects to make.
ReplyDeleteIts amazing how times change!
Thanks for the post!
What fun treasures your grandmother gave to you. Did she use them herself?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo of the two of you as well~
~Cheryl
Those books are darling! How sweet of your grandma to share them with you.
ReplyDeleteOhhhh myyyy goodness...
ReplyDeleteWell you can imagine my surprise when coming to your blog and seeing your blog title, "Fresh From the Chari Tree"...especially since my name is Chari!!! Hehe!!!
What a treat!!!
Ohhh, I'm still giggling here! Well my friend, you have some lovely vintage knitting books...how sweet of your Grandma to bring them to you!!! I loved the photo of the two of you together...you can just see it in your faces...that you were thoroughly enjoying one another's company!!! I especially like the cute little embroidery projects...like the toaster cover! That's just darling!!!
Warmest wishes,
Chari....Hehehehehee!!!!
What a wonderful and special collection, Charity! I also love the picture of you and your Grandmother!
ReplyDelete~Kelli