What do these fabrics have in common?
(Answer at the end of the post. If you can't wait that long, click here.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I'm sure you all had a busy weekend like we did! Mine started Thursday evening with this:
(Discovered: the batter - without eggs - is almost as good as the finished cheesecake! Yum!)
I made the cake for my mom for Mother's Day. We celebrated with her Friday evening.
After a yummy dinner at a Mexican restaurant, we came to our house for cheesecake and presents.
On Saturday, Mom, Angie and I went on a walking history tour of our downtown area.

Saturday evening, Mark and I left to go spend time with his family for Mother's Day. Lauren, Mary and I arranged flowers for the Mark's grandmothers. We had fun with the arranging and deliveries.

Here is the table set for Sunday dinner with Mark's Mother's gift and her pretty dishes.

Today, I've been puttering around the house. I don't feel the greatest, a result of a cold (or allergies). Oh, well. I've done some laundry and unpacked, as well as getting a start on supper. Brittany's Chicken and Dumplins. Yum!
So have you guessed the answer to the question? You probably went ahead and clicked the link, huh? That's right! I'm gearing up to opening an Etsy shop! It is off to a slow start, but I'm hoping to have some things listed in a few weeks. After May, I won't be working my regular part time job anymore... a big decision for me as I've worked there for about seven years! Nothing wrong, just time to move on. I will probably be babysitting more as well as some volunteering here and there. I am really excited about the shop, though! I will have several aprons listed and some other things. I'll keep you updated! :)
Happy Monday!!
PS~ Yep, I missed Sunday Blessing this week. I didn't get it up before we left. It will be back next Sunday. :)
Happy Monday!!
PS~ Yep, I missed Sunday Blessing this week. I didn't get it up before we left. It will be back next Sunday. :)
Thanks for all you and Mark did to help me have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! The cheesecake was delicious!!!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes on your new business venture!
Love you!
Mom
That sounds exciting!!
ReplyDeleteActually I have been toying with the same idea myself, for about a week now. (still haven't made up my mind, though)
My hubby and I are in a little bit of a transition time right now, and I thought maybe I could help out that way! I guess I just have a hard time thinking someone would buy from me, when they can get the same thing somewhere else?!?! Does that make any sense?
Well, enough rambling!! I am happy for you!
Oh yeah! I also meant to say that I liked your use of the palm leaves - looks nice!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mom! :)
ReplyDeleteAndrea,
I've had a few qualms like that myself. Like... "can I sell something that isn't absolutely perfect?" but yet, if it were perfect, it probably wouldn't be handmade. :) and "why would they buy mine, if they can make it themselves." But most people don't have time to make things.
I love your projects! It never hurts to try! :)