Friday, June 5, 2009

Finished Object Friday

Whew... so much for being off work! It's been a busy week. :) Next time I say the words "Garage Sale" remind me that I like VISITING them, not having one!! We are having a joint sale with my family this Saturday, and we have been working hard getting things put together. Hopefully, next week will be a little slower... and thus I will have more time to blog. :) Well... enough of that... on to FOF!

Every two weeks flies by so fast! I really enjoyed making the project I'm sharing today. In fact, I had a hard time giving it up! (It was a birthday gift for a friend.) Using one of my shopping bags as a pattern, I made this bag:


It isn't a wide at the base as a regular shopping bag, but it makes a better over-the-shoulder bag that way.

I even put a pocket on the inside... and the inside has a complimenting black and white fabric. If the fabric looks familiar, it probably is... I have quite a bit left from the curtains!


It sewed up rather quickly... I will be making more. (One for me! ...maybe) It was just one of the items completed in my "sewing frenzy." I will probably be putting some of these in my Etsy shop, when I get it up! A.G.S - after garage sale... and recooperating from said sale! :)

I can't wait to see some other projects! I know some of you have been busy! (Some with spray paint in hand!) If you have questions about FOF, visit this post. Happy Friday, everyone!


PS~ New blog layout - something a little more summery for June! It's fun, and you know me... it probably won't last for long! :)

(Sorry the links look a little different - the widget is having a problem with it's server. Just click on the link and it will take you to a separate page to enter your link.)

15 comments:

  1. cute bag! love the fabrics! love the new blog look too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a cute bag. And I know what you mean about the garage sale. I loathe them. We do them every year with our neighborhood. We haven't really made any money from it. I hope yours is successful, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great garage sale - maybe next time you can try to bring in a profit from finishing some more objects, instead of selling the various and sundry assortment of what you can dig out of the closets. :) I would buy one of your bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bag! So much prettier than the ones the shops hand out. I hope your friend likes it.

    Have a good weekend - hope the garage sale goes well and is a success - and I hope you get to rest afterwards!

    Best wishes,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! and yes, Jo, my friend LOVES her bag! (She is using it as a diaper bag at the moment - 3 little girls.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag is darling - I love the fabrics (and absolutely love the valances you made - red and black together are always striking!). I've made several tote bags in the past - with the trend toward "green", I'm beginning to think it could develop into a cottage business (well, if I weren't lazy!).

    I adore the idea of finished object friday. As a quilter with 5, or six...maybe it's seven? unquilted tops sitting in a stack, this may give me the motivation to layer one up and finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bag looks great. I've never had a garage sale before...wanted to do one when we moved, but didn't have time. No one wants to help me, so we just have a big box of unwanted items in our spare room. Hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bag is soo cute! I like the new blog look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the strip of color right in the middle - just enough to make you smile!
    Too much going on today to join in FOF, but I am working on several projects ;)
    Good luck with your yard sale - I've started my own little pile of things that I'll be selling soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOohhh...I love that bag! Things in black and white always catch my eye. You did a great job, it looks professional! I tried to link up, not sure if it worked, Mr Linky's not been behaving lately...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bag is adorable! Great job, Charity..it is one my favorites that you've done!

    Also, can I steal your header?? I love it. So creative!

    I hope to never have another garage sale in my life. ugh. When you recover, you will enjoy your profits, but it can be very draining!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to all for stopping by! and thanks for the great compliments on the bag (and header).

    10 hours to the start of the sale. Hopefully I can get some rest tonight - my feet are already killing me! Goodnight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great bag! You are very creative. I don't even own a sewing machine. I should, with five kids and all. I've never been very good at sewing though.

    We had a garage sale last summer with some friends. I think it was my last one. I am like you. I'd rather go and visit someone else's garage sale and donate my own things to charity.

    Have a great rest of the weekend!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kids have always wanted me to have a garage sale but I've firmly said...'no way'...I hope all went well....love the bag,,,very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!