Friday, July 23, 2010

Finished Object Friday

I have had quite an eventful week! (Thus the unplanned bloggy break.) :) I had some posts planned out in my mind to share but life kindof got in the way! I will tell the tail tale later. But for now my (almost finished) finished object Friday! :)

As I've said before, I work at a local church library and bookstore. Sometimes product will come in that have minor defects - like a chip, a scratch or dent... They don't want to sell these in the store, so the manager gets credit for it and it goes in "the cabinet." Sometimes these almost perfect things come home with me for free! :) (can't argue with free, right!?) Did I mention I love my job? ...for more reasons than that of course... it's just one of the perks.

Anyway... this clock was one of those freebies:


What's wrong with it, you ask? Well, it was mounted crooked. I wouldn't have minded so much, it was a really cute clock, but in the original style, I had nowhere to put it. (It is too loud for a bedroom.) Where I really needed a clock was in our family room. Time really flies when you are having fun! So the little clock got a makeover. I took it off the stand and removed the hands, surronded the outside with painters tape (as well as covered the gears in the middle) and sprayed away! A beautiful cherry red (leftover from this project, and this one...) :)



I am probably going to add something for the "numbers" - painted dots or diamonds... I bought a black paint pen for that purpose, but haven't gotten that far. I'm still enjoying the simplicity. And it goes great in my family room.

What about you? Have you improved anything recently? Or been hard at work on a project and want to share the progress? If you're new to FOF, be sure to read this intro post! :)

Happy Friday!!






This linky list is now closed.


2 comments:

  1. That's cute! The red really perked it up :) I'm sure you could find some rub-on numbers or dots or something that would be easy to do. I think this calls for a trip to Hobby Lobby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I'm late, as today is Saturday. I didn't realize you hosted this, and I am pleased to participate. Thanks!

    That's a great color on your clock. I look forward to seeing what kind of "numbers" you add to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!