Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's starting to feel like spring!!

... or is it just me? :)  Well, if you are in Texas, it certainly is spring!! I'm so glad... this has seemed like a long winter to me! I think all that cold weather was getting to me! But it certainly has been beautiful the past few days! And so many things are starting to bloom! I just love East Texas in the spring!! :)

With all the "springy-ness" going on outside, I wanted to bring some inside! I have been wanting to redo my mantle decor for quite a while, and haven't exactly been sure of what I wanted to do. Well, the past couple of weeks, I finally figured it out!



I am loving it! For reference, this is what my mantle looked like last spring:

I have been tired of the clock/candle combo and I was soo ready for something different!! :)

Here is my "think about it" picture... trying out sized etc...

I liked the size of the mirror, but there wasn't enough contrast. I priced some mirrors and had the sudden revelation that I had the right mirror for free!! I just used some paint I had on hand.

I really like the depth that the layering gives it.

Now to get the rest of my house ready for spring... :) Oh, and to put OUR picture in the small frame! heehee!

6 comments:

  1. Looks very nice...I too am so happy for the Spring days we have been having....just puts a little pep in ones step...that I need :)
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, happy spring to YOU! Here it is still COLD with snow on the ground!

    I really like your new mantle decor! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantle looks lovely! Painting the frame was def. the right thing to do :)
    I've been enjoying your Sunday posts and the pictures that accompany them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very nice arrangement, and I think your clock is very pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! The whole thing...the mirror with the new color, the birds, the jar... it's all perfect together :) I'm doing some springy things myself - makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! You always do such cute and interesting things with decorating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!