Sunday, March 27, 2011
Sunday Blessing
’Tis the grandest theme through the ages rung;
’Tis the grandest theme for a mortal tongue;
’Tis the grandest theme that the world e’er sung,
“Our God is able to deliver thee.”
Refrain:
He is able to deliver thee,
He is able to deliver thee;
Though by sin oppressed, go to Him for rest;
“Our God is able to deliver thee.”
’Tis the grandest theme, let the tidings roll,
To the guilty heart, to the sinful soul;
Look to God in faith, He will make thee whole,
“Our God is able to deliver thee.”
From He Is Able to Deliver Thee
by William A. Ogden
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As we sang this song Sunday, I couldn't help but think of all the ways our God is able! He delivers us from sin and the power of sin. He can also deliver us from the effects of living in a sinful world, like sickness or fear, although He may not always choose to do so. But, He will empower us to be strengthened through our trials and give us the strength to bear whatever He allows! Our God is ABLE!
(Yes, a little late for SUNDAY... but better late than never... we've been busy enjoying the last few days of my Grandmother's visit before she returns to Idaho. The visit is never long enough!!)
ETA - For those of you who may not have heard this song before - here is a link to a congregation singing it - it's the best one I could find... not a commonly sung hymn anymore!
Labels:
Sunday Blessing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, I LOVE this song. I started singing it as soon as I saw the first line!
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful song...God is able...blessings
ReplyDelete