It's been a while since I decorated a dorm room! :) We had a lot of fun picking decor and keeping things bright. Angie and I did most of the shopping together after she found out her room arrangements. (The way it worked out, she ended up with a private room. I believe this was another of her miracles in going to college.) We ended up buying most of her room decor before we left on our trip.
We arrived at her school on Tuesday, and started unloading. After working on it most of the afternoon, by Tuesday evening, her room looked like this:
On Wednesday, we came back and finished up her room (among other things... meetings, supper with Angie, etc...) Wednesday evening we said goodbye to Angie in her room. She had to go to church in the chapel on campus and we had a few more things to finish up. Here's our last family picture before we left!
Big Sis - hard at work!
And here is the finished room!!! She is in a corner of the building with two windows. It really opens things up, and I think she is enjoying her bright, sunny room! :) The paper lanterns were from her graduation decor. I'm glad Mom (or Angie) thought to stick these in - they really make the room!
The picture above her desk is a precious collage given to her by the family she nannied for last year. The first section is a pressed flower that she planted with the kiddos last fall, and each of the last pictures is a letter of her name in sign language - pictures of the 3 year old's hand! So special!!
This clock arrangement is right by her bedroom door. (above the bookshelf that I assembled Wed. afternoon!) :) Love these dry erase dots!! (although they weren't as easy to write on as I thought they would be - bumpy wall!)
The big picture!
Although she doesn't have the bright pinks or yellows from her crazy daisy bedroom at home, I think we brought in enough bright blues and lime greens to keep it cheery enough for our bright girl! :)
And for your view pleasure, here is a video tour of her room, given by yours truly! (including brilliant comments...) ;)
So now that I've finally got the pictures to load, that's my FOF for this week! (Anyone else having trouble getting Picasa to upload picts to the web?) If you are new to FOF, check out the welcome post here! :) Happy linking!!
Looks like a fun dorm room!
ReplyDeleteLove your accent....don't know why I never thought of you having an accent!
Love this! Cute dorm room and video clip! Trust your 'lil sis has a great school year!
ReplyDeleteOops! That was me above, Signed in as Kalli. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great room...you did a wonderful job decorating it...love the video too...your mama is just beautiful. Blessings
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun dorm room. Mine was never decorated like that; my roommates and I just weren't decorators. But I like what you've done for your sister's.
ReplyDeleteI had hoped to get a blanket done for this week, but I've got two and a half more rounds to go which is about three hours of work. Oh, well. It really should be done for next time.
I'm sure there is lots of fun to be had in that cute room =) Love the dry erase dots and paper lanterns!
ReplyDeleteThank you all!! I certainly had fun helping her find decorations! And we had fun putting her room together as you can tell.
ReplyDeleteI get so tickled, Tammy, about your comment! :) Yes, I do have an accent, sometimes more than others. (It's more pronounced when I'm tired - or acting a bit silly as in the tour.)
The funny thing is, usually when I am reading something someone else has written, they usually sound like me! :)