One of my favorite yarns to work with recently has been
Sugar 'n Cream Cotton yarn. It's 100% cotton, takes wear and tear and washes well. So I've been using it for
socks and of course dishcloths, of which I have made to many to count! The problem with all this cotton is that nothing uses exactly the whole skein. I have little bits and pieces leftover, rolled into neat little balls (or not!) and stored in my closet. I have inherited the propensity for saving things and I can't throw good yarn away! So last night I found a great use for all those bits. (Not too little, if it's less than three feet, I thow it away!) :)
The pattern is called
Tribble. I love the way it turned out!

Here it is before I sewed it together. It is a little smaller than the pattern recommended, but it is big enough for me. The pattern recommend 10 inches long, mine is only about six. I wanted to just use what I had left and see how it would work.

The Tribble hard at work! I love it!

The pattern was soo quick to knit up, and it is great to do dishes with. It would also be great to use as a shower scrubby. Here it is on
Ravelry.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!
Blessings,
I've made many of these! Just make sure it gets throughly dry or they get pretty yucky. Ask me how I know...
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'll remember that! :)
ReplyDeleteRusty,
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am glad that you are enjoying (and using!) the dishcloths. :) You're welcome!