Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Red as a Cherry!

I am in the process of decorating our family room. (That is what all of this fabric is for.) Someone had given us this lamp a while ago. It is older and the gold was scuffed. So why not paint it to match the room it is going to be in? :)

Before:


After:



I do wish the paint was a little glossier. Maybe it needed another coat? I don't know, but I thought it turned out rather well and the color is just great! :) I have another lamp to redo, but I don't have the shade I want yet. Anyway, I will be posting progress on the family room as I get to various projects.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, now you just need to cover the shade with some cute fabric. If you want it to be glossier just buy a can of glossy clear coat and paint it. I need to get crafting, my house and yard could use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of paint did you use? I have an ugly lamp too . . .

    If you cover the shade, I'd love to see a tutorial! I'm pretty clueless.

    At any rate, it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, the lamp looks lovely! You might be able to find a clear glossy spray to make it look glossier! Also, I saw that you entered Pioneer Woman's Zune contest. I'm having a contest on my blog right now to win 1 of 2 Nintendo DS systems. You should enter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it turned out really cute. I was going to mention the glossy spray too. Home Depot has a huge selection of special texture spray paints. We used a crackle spray to update the side lights on our house. They look like new (a far cry from the faux gold they were before!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! What a great makeover!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your compliments! I am pretty happy overall with the way it looks. The paint is Krylon indoor/outdoor from Wal-mart. Thanks for all the tips, as well. I'm hoping to get more done in the family room this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!