Saturday, June 21, 2008

Skydiving!!

Summer days are here! I hope everyone is staying cool. It hasn't been totally unbearable yet, but we are having highs of 90. Today was Mark's work picnic. It would have been a little nicer in October like it was a couple of years ago, but there was a nice breeze most of the time. We had a lot of fun. You can't beat free snowcones! (I had two!) They also had some really good Texas barbeque - YUM! They had lots of fun stuff for the kids: big inflated play slides etc., a petting zoo, and build-a-bear (not the ones in the mall, but cute ones with company t-shirts.) Throughout the day, they gave away prizes. Mark's name was called and he got a air compressor along with a work logo t-shirt for me. (He got one free when we arrived.)

One of the really neat events was the skydivers. One of the guys that did it works for the company. I had never seen skydiving before. It was really cool watching them glide in and they all landed safely! Whew! :)

Here they are shortly after they jumped. When they first jumped, they were so high and close together, it looked like there was only one of them.
Two out of the three riding the wind!


In for a safe landing!
I know these aren't the best of pictures, but they are pretty good considering I took them with my phone! :) Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Saturday, and a blessed Sunday tomorrow.

Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good time. The BBQ sounds wonderful, we don't have a good place to get it around here. That's cool Mark won, don't you just love getting stuff free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you come down, we can find some good barbeque! :) And yes, the free stuff is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband's company always puts on a very nice picnic. Lots of good food, prizes and things for the kids. I never mind attending company functions because they are always fun. The picnic this year is in mid July. No matter when they have it, its always in the low 90's with high humidity. We joke that the company picnic marks the hottest day of the year. Its usually true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they did a great job putting everything together! Mid-July? That does seem like a hot time for a picnic! I know it can be just as hot up there as it is down here! Although we will probably get to the 100s in August. Ugg.. that's when the heat really gets to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!