And what could be cozier than some purple socks for this chilly February weather? (Yes, it's cool again in Texas, but not for long!) :)
I made these socks for Regina for Christmas... what's really bad is her Christmas gift bag held a wonderful bar of handmade soap, and a skein of this yarn. I hadn't even started the socks! Oh, well... I did finish them last month and she is now enjoying them.
I must say, I wasn't overwhelmed with the color of the yarn when I bought it, but was pleasantly surprised at how well I liked it once I started knitting it up. I call these socks, Very Berry Blitz!
I usually have bits of yarn left over from a skein when I make socks or dishcloths. I like making this with it... waste not, want not, right?

I made these socks for Regina for Christmas... what's really bad is her Christmas gift bag held a wonderful bar of handmade soap, and a skein of this yarn. I hadn't even started the socks! Oh, well... I did finish them last month and she is now enjoying them.
I must say, I wasn't overwhelmed with the color of the yarn when I bought it, but was pleasantly surprised at how well I liked it once I started knitting it up. I call these socks, Very Berry Blitz!
I usually have bits of yarn left over from a skein when I make socks or dishcloths. I like making this with it... waste not, want not, right?
Now for the surprise: I'm giving this tribble away! So it isn't the biggest and best giveaway, but I thought it would be a fun little thing to do for a Friday. All you have to do is leave a comment and your name will be put in a drawing for the Tribble! Just to make it interesting, maybe you could share your favorite handmade item you've given or received. :) I'll try to post the winner by sometime Saturday.
Oh, and don't forget to join in on Finished Object Friday! We'd love to see your project! Don't forget to check out the guidelines here.
Oh, and don't forget to join in on Finished Object Friday! We'd love to see your project! Don't forget to check out the guidelines here.
Those are such cute socks! I just love them. My favorite handmade gift I've received is a picture from my little sister.
ReplyDeleteHhmmm, my favorite handmade gifts are usually things that my boys create, even if it's less than professional... Other than that, I love the quilts that my Grandmas have made for us. Cute socks!
ReplyDeleteBerry Blitz!!! How cute is that!?!
ReplyDeleteI think I may have to try knitting now, ;)
Some of my favorite handmade gifts are the crochet baby blankets that were made for my daughters.
I left a comment on here yesterday but it looks like it's gone now. Well I said cute socks and that one of the best handmade gifts I have received are the hats you knitted for Piper and I, they are the best. Thank You, Melissa & Piper
ReplyDelete