Friday, May 15, 2009

Show and Tell: The Nest

For Show and Tell, I wanted to share something that is sitting on my coffee table. The bunnies are probably familiar, but the new thing is the jar. :) I had been wanting a (real) bird's nest. A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law brought me one that a bird had build on Mark's grandmother's wreath a year or two ago - don't worry, it was vacant. :) Later I found this jar at a Salvation Army sale, and put them all together. (I found the eggs before Easter... aren't they cute?)



I love the artful way the birds arranged their little home - the softest layer for the little birds.


"To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. "
—John Burroughs

Happy Friday!

~Charity

9 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little vignette. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat way to display the nest. I trust the bird was finished with it!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwww, so darling!!! I love the toppled over jar with the tiny nest!! Very clever and oh so charming.

    My Show N Tell is Disney today. Come by if you can find time. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! love the nest and eggs in the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting a real nest too, not sure what to do with it, but want one all the same.

    I love the idea of displaying it in an old jar. Sweet!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Charity,

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I love they way you arranged the bird's nest and eggs in the jar; very creative and lovely. I enjoyed reading the poem by John Burroughs on the rewards of the simple life, and I absolutely love the apron you made for your pastor's wife. The fabric is beautiful... great job! I love teapots and cups also, I like to collect them.

    Blessings to you,
    Mrs. Teapot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the arrangement - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bird nests. Such a creative way to display it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of it! The bunnies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!