(L-R: Ryan -Mark's brother, Mark, Me and Mary -Ryan's wife.)
Saturday before the family reunion, Mary and I stopped by a thrift shop. I found this treasure...
I fell in love, but did resist and leave it, after taking pictures as a momento. :)
We had a fun time at the reunion, playing games...
(That's Uno Stacko)
and seeing family...
making homemade ice cream...
and spoiling a baby!
(Mark's cousin's new little one!)
Looks like you had a great time. I just love the expression on your face when you game is falling over, priceless. That looks like a "new" sewing machine to me, didn't you tell me you were looking for one.
ReplyDeleteChari,
ReplyDeleteI've always knitted using the continental method...I started when I first learned to knit, and kept it up, although my mom always told me Iwas doing it wrong! :) She can knit EXTREMELY fast, in the dark, on the road - anywhere! Once she gets a pattern in her head, she can hold a conversation with you and knit away the whole time - using the english method, no less. To me that method was always very awkward and I couldn't do it for long. Guess it just goes to show that God made us all different! :-)
Melissa, Yes, I'm still thinking about a machine. But, hand crank wasn't one of the specs I was wanting! :)
ReplyDeleteGillian, I love hearing about your mother and her knitting. I can usually get a pattern in my head, but with some I have to stop and think - those I save for less distracting times. :) Amazing that she can knit English quickly. I agree that it feels more awkward for me. Yes, we are different... that was one reason I wondered why people chose the method they did. :)