- My country, 'tis of thee,
- Sweet land of liberty,
- Of thee I sing;
- Land where my fathers died,
- Land of the pilgrims' pride,
- From every mountainside
- Let freedom ring!
- Let music swell the breeze,
- And ring from all the trees
- Sweet freedom's song;
- Let mortal tongues awake;
- Let all that breathe partake;
- Let rocks their silence break,
- The sound prolong.
- Our father's God to Thee,
- Author of liberty,
- To Thee we sing.
- Long may our land be bright,
- With freedom's holy light,
- Protect us by Thy might,
- Great God our King.
by Samuel Francis Smith
Chari, I love that song! Wish I would of thought to do it at church today. We had plenty of other patriotic songs tho.
ReplyDeleteHey Chari!
ReplyDeleteHope you are doing ok. I am back in the land of "blog-living."
Thanks for the patriotic song. I didn't get to sing one "America" song this year!! So sad...
Steph