Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In Between

Remember those years... you were too big for girls' clothing, and yet weren't ready for adult things? (besides that the adult things looked too old!) It was so hard to find things that fit and were modest - forget the juniors department, it certainly wasn't made for modesty! Ok, this is starting to sound like an advertisement... I guess it sortof is! I especially remember the difficulty we had finding things for my sister to wear, and I know it hasn't gotten any easier...and some of you have daughters! :)

AmandaBeth Online today shared about a new clothing line over on Shabby Apple for tweens - Shabby Sister. These dresses are just perfect for those in betweeners!


They are quite modest, and long with a little room to grow. AmandaBeth posted pictures of her sister in the blue dress, and you can also get a coupon for 10% off from her site!!

AmandaBeth also shared this sweet little video of Judy Garland from 1938:

The sad thing is that most kids no longer have an "in between" stage. They grow up and have "dates" at 12 or 13. What's the rush?? But this topic could explode into a whole blog post, or series of posts!

Notice: I'm not getting paid or reimbursed for this post at all. Neither AmandaBeth Online or Shabby Apple even know I exist! :) I just wanted to pass on some helpful info!

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate this post very much. My daughter is now wearing an 18 1/2 (only JC Penney or some of the better stores really have this size). She is only ten years old. It is almost impossible to find her modest clothing. Recently, I took her shopping to Cato ~ which usually has cute skirts ~ but could not find even ONE modest blouse to match. I finally gave up and went home. I will definitely be checking these out. Thanks so much for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one who still shops in the kids department (I'm quite height challenged), I can heartily agree with you! Kids clothes are becoming increasingly more immodest, and even sensual. I checked out the site and enjoyed looking around - the toddler dresses are also adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece of info! Thanks. You are so right about them growing up too fast. They make the size 8 clothes match the juniors "sexy" and revealing stuff only cut down to size. It's appalling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!