Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Blessing



When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

It is well, it is well,
With my soul, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
It was nailed trough his cross, and I bear it no more,
Bless the Lord, bless the Lord, O my soul!

from It is Well
by Horatio G. Spafford

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. It's been a special song to me since some ladies sang it at my grandma's funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you just listening in on me? I just got up from playing that song on the piano. I guess all great minds were thinking alike, huh?! Hope you've had a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny!! :) I was talking to someone yesterday who said it was his favorite song - especially the Selah version. Must be a lot of great minds out there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!