Mom made me an ice cream cake. We had a party with our small group on Tuesday night.
~~~~~~~~~~~
So on to Finished Object Friday! I've been working on a little knitting project. I finished last night, and just now did the photo shoot! (Thus the late posting...) :)
They are rather large for me. I need to find someone with bigger hands. They are super soft and cozy, though! Whoever ends up with them will enjoy them! :) I would have needed to go down a couple of needle sizes or adjust the pattern to have fewer stitches.
These are loosely based on the pattern. I did my own stitch pattern so they turned out different. Not sure why I had a hard time grasping the written pattern, but I think I like my (accidental) pattern a little better though. (K2, P2 on rows 1&3, and Knit on 2&4) I think they look very old fashioned! :)
I wanted to share a little about the background of the above shots: It is the afghan my grandmother crocheted for me! She made sure each of her grandkids had one before she passed away, so it is very special!
Here's another FOF... just for fun!
He did look pretty good, until I got ahold of the marker... I should leave drawing to the pros!!!
(poor guy!)
Angie picked up a couple of little books with instructions and a pump. It was fun to make - when I could keep the balloon from popping!
I know I'm not the only one who's had a busy week, but maybe you've got something to share! :) If you are new to FOF click here.
Happy Friday!! (and I hope you have a great holiday weekend!)

love those mitts, girl!! You should make some up for your etsy shop! How is that coming, anyway?
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Labor Day weekend and a belated Happy Bday to you :P
OOohhhhh...that cake looks so good! Cute little balloon guy, too!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday! Like the mitts and the balloon guy. Those balloon characters are always neat - don't have a clue how to make them.
ReplyDeleteI love those mittens. I printed the pattern and picked out some yarn to make them. Haven't gotten started yet though...hate house work :) I am so bummed I missed your dad's birthday. I kept thinking "hmmm, sept 3rd, it seems like that is somebodies birthday" I didn't realize who's it was til we were with dad this weekend. Guess I could still call and wish him a belated birthday. And I even think I talked to him on the 2nd but it never occured to me. Oh well. Never have been good at that.
ReplyDelete