Last week we "girls" took a trip the a local aboretum. It was an absolutely beautiful day - wonderful for enjoying the outdoors.

On the grounds is this historical dogtrot home/museum. These houses are fascinating to me - imagine having to go outside to get from one room to another.
I did fall in love while I was there... is this not the cutest chair?? with cherries!!? :)
Hmmm... think I could handle a wheel like this?
It's a different method than I'm used to. You can see a "great wheel" demonstrated here. Funny... whoever was playing with that yarn obviously did not know how a wheel works. Actually the yarn does not connect to the bit "wheel" at all - a drive band would connect the big wheel to the part to the left.
The back of the house from the garden.
Not many flowers in bloom yet, although there were quite a few daffodils. But it looks like it will be quite lovely in a month or so. The very back of the house is the kitchen and dining room.
Aren't we glad to no longer need facilities like this?
This one seems a bit breezy... :)
Where is this located Charity...looks like a fun place to visit...thanks for sharing...blessings
ReplyDeleteIt's in Athens. I linked to their website above. A really sweet place to visit - so pretty and relaxing! :)
ReplyDeleteI've been to that arboretum before and really enjoyed it. It's very peaceful there. I think those houses were built with the open area in the center to take advantage of the summer breezes. I enjoyed your pictures!
ReplyDeleteI likey the chair! The "private" privy I can do without (even though I want another bathroom in our one bathroom home!).
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics! I LOVE that old house - they've always fascinated me, too :) The white looks so clean and fresh - inviting! Looks like y'all had a great time!!
ReplyDeleteThat chair IS so cute! Will you go back to see the flowers in bloom? I miss the northern spring flowers! :(
ReplyDeleteVery interesting. I love old places. There is so much character. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the pictures of your day out with the girls! I love that chair!! Gives me an idea!! :)
ReplyDelete