Friday, February 27, 2009

Finished Object Friday

This finished object was a surprise, even to me. Well... sort of. I really had no plans to make this, until I realized that a good friend, just learning to sew, was in need of....

A pin cushion!!


This little project didn't take much time at all... and it was so much fun!
(Does the fabric look familiar?) :)



My grandmother's sewing machine makes a great prop, don't you think?
Here is a link to the tutorial I used to make this little pin cushion. It is really easy! I didn't do the wrist strap and I made it a tad bigger - my squares were 4 inches. (It looked a little confusing to me at first, but once I got going, it made sense.) This went so fast, even for a first time, I may end up making more! (hmm... they would make great gifts! Shhhh... don't tell!) :)

What fun crafts have you been up to? (It doesn't even have to be recent, just something you would like to share! Guidelines are here.

NEWS BREAK: After careful consideration during the past week, I have decided to move FOF to every other week. This frees me up a little more to do other blogging (Friday Show and Tell!), and most of you, like me, don't have something new every week. I had considered going monthly, but I think every other week will be good for now! :) You are welcome, also, to link to a post from the past couple of weeks for FOF, it doesn't have to be posted on the FOF Friday. (I'm not really picky, but I do appreciate a link back here!) :)

ETA: Just to clarify - FOF doesn't have to be something you made recently. It can also be a past project from any time. However, the post should be fairly recent. Make sense? :)

4 comments:

  1. I just had to say hello, from one Charity to another :) You don't see too many of us so I like to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No time to play this week :(
    Just droppin' by to say Hello and see your cute project :)
    (I did recognize the fabric, too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charity,
    That is so cute! I'm catching up with you and the socks are really pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about making a pin cushion lately. The perfect thing for those little pieces of left over fabric!
    An every other week FOF sounds like a great plan. Like you say, it's hard to find time to do a project every week. But somehow, I always find myself in the middle of another project whether I have time or not :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!